Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Toys on TV #2

I know I already did a post for today, but I was thinking about some stuff and wanted to jot it down. There are three toy related shows that I have been watching regularly, Robot Chicken, Toy Hunters, and Collection Intervention.

Robot Chicken - If you've read this blog, you know I love stop motion animation. I have enjoyed Robot Chicken since it started. It had a big impact on the animated show my friends and I did Animation Creation. Our show started first, but you can see it's influence on A.C. if you watch the 10th episode on youtube. The first two episodes of Robot Chicken this season have heavily featured GI Joes and I love that. GI Joe: A Real American Hero is by far my favorite toy line. I know I haven't featured them much on this site yet, it's coming.

Toy Hunters - I love seeing peoples collections but I'm getting tired of  hearing Jordan shout "oh my gosh!" right before they cut to commercials. Tonight's Horror themed episode was interesting since I don't really collect that stuff. I do have some interest in the genera, since I work at a Haunted Hay Ride and Field of Fright.

Collection Intervention - Again, I like seeing peoples collections, but I get tired of watching these people in awkward and stressful situations as they get talked into doing things they are unconformable with. I don't think I'm as bad as the people on the show, but it does make me wonder if I should be in therapy considering I have toys in my Living Room, Dinning Room, Kitchen, Bed Room, and Toy Room on the first floor of my house. I fell like the one difference between myself and the people on the show is that I don't have a problem parting with toys. I buy things to give them away from time to time. I've donated several cels from my animation collection to a museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment