Monday, March 4, 2013

Cera the Protoceratops - Definitely Dinosaurs

Definitely Dinosaurs was a line of Caveman and Dino toys made by Playskool in the late 80's and early 90's. The dinosaurs in this line all had a slightly animated appearance that appealed to kids. Cera the Protoceratops from the line is painted in various shades of green with spots on its head frill. This dinosaur came with a Caveman named Zindar. I used to buy these dinosuars at yard sales for my Dinotopia display when I was in late Elementary school. The Protoceratops has swivel cuts at the top of each of its four legs. The top portion of the head is articulated at the jaw.


All the Definitely Dinosaurs carry a logo on their belly or leg that makes them easy to identify as part of the line. I always wondered if this line inspired the JP logo on the Jurassic Park toys.


8 comments:

  1. OMG! I totally have some of these! I just recently found the cave girl and t-rex from my parents attic. These were so much fun. I had a brief love affair with dinosaurs. Like dinosaurs and planets were the only things I wanted to learn about in grade school. It's probably why I am so crappy with math and all the other "important" subjects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha. Yeah a lot of kids go through the Dinosaur phase. Speaking of planets, I'm teaching Astronomy in my 6th grade Science class right now.

      Delete
  2. OMG!!!! I used to love these dinos! I still have several from my childhood! Completely forgot about these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never new of these until recent years and they seem very popular too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look very familiar to me but i don't recall ever having any.Great paint and sculpt though.It almost has a star wars feel to it if that makes any sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had this toy since forever, but never knew what toyline it was from. Nice moody lighting in the photo.

    ReplyDelete