Saturday, March 21, 2015

Snakebite - Super Naturals

Super Naturals was one of the cool 80's toy lines to us holograms as a gimick. The only figure I had as a kid from this line was Snakebite. I don't remember what I traded for him, but I got him off a friend as a kid. He's a tall humanoid knight character decked out in snake armor. He came with a removable helmet, chest plate, shield, and a glow-in-the-dark staff (not pictured). You can see the awesome snake hologram inside his shield.


You can remove his extra armor to show off his torso hologram which looks like a snake-man chest and face. Kind of like when they mutate Cobra Commander in the GI Joe movie. As a kid I used him as a bad-ass warrior for King Hsss with my He-Man toys or as a giant "monster" that Serpentor would awaken to attack the GI Joe team.


I had a hard time getting a good shot of his chest hologram. You can see some of his scales here. Snakebite has four points of articulation, but really nice sculpted details over his entire body.


4 comments:

  1. NEVER HEARD OF THIS LINE TILL YEARS LATER...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have seen the commercial for these guys once or twice as a kid.I never got into them,though.They look pretty cool now.Very indicative of the 80's action figure era.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found a bunch of these in my old toys!

    ReplyDelete