Saturday, April 7, 2012

Flea Market Finds #1


I love going to yard sales and flea markets looking for figures. Back when I was still working on my vintage GI Joe and Star Wars collections I tried to go out most weekends during the spring, summer, and fall. It was a nice day, but a little chilly with the wind.

At first I was really disappointed. I only found one item and it wasn't really that great.


I picked up this carded James Bond Jr. Helicopter.. My dad is a helicopter mechanic, so I've always had a soft spot for whirlybird toys. I don't own any other toys from the Bond Jr. line, but I did watch the cartoon a lot.

I wondered around some more and finally found a few things that made the trip worth my while. I picked up Sgt. Slaughter v3. This is the version that had a removable hat and came with the Warthog tank. He was one of my favorite figures as a kid. This one has super tight joints, so he will replace the well played with figure in my collection. I picked up an Action Marine figure from the last year of the original 3 ¾ inch GI Joe line. I picked up a little Unicron figure, he's an interesting character from Transformers being the main villain from animated movie. I scored a Max Rebo and organ from the late 90's Star Wars line. The original Rebo Band are some of my favorite vintage Star Wars characters. I also picked up a pack of Warhammer models. I used to really enjoy painting lead/pewter figures so I couldn't leave them behind.



I snagged everything for $12. I think it's a pretty good day at the Flea Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment