Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Alfred Pennyworth - BTAS

I don't usually post toys from the same line two days in a row, but I felt the need to with this fellow. Were would Bruce Wayne be without his butler, Alfred.  This figure was released as part of the New Batman Adventures toy line in a Toys R Us exclusive four pack. I remember seeing the pack at TRU while I was in college, but not buying Batman figures. Later on I found him at a yard sale and had to grab him.


Alfred is dressed in a black tuxedo and originally came with a tray of food. This was a perfect accessory for a butler. He's a quick photo of him with Bruce. I'm really glad they made a figure of this character, Alfred is so important to the Batman mythos, but he's not a hero or villain so he's often overlooked.


8 comments:

  1. The tray of food is always missing.Somebody somewhere is hording up all the trays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are the food trays always missing with these figures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, but you never see them loose.

      Delete
  3. Alfred is the man! And all too deserving of an action figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Well, if I ever get a double he's yours.

      Delete
  5. He was also included in a re-release of the Wayne Manor/Batcave playset and I don't think that version came with the tray: http://www.legionsofgotham.org/ActionFigures/Exclusives/TRU/TRUdarkstormcave.jpg

    ReplyDelete