Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July

Hey, I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. I worked on a future Animated Review this morning before going to a picnic at my sisters. After lunch and a game of "Ticket to Ride" (I won), we headed out to see "The Amazing Spiderman".

I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. Although I don't think I had as much fun as I did when Toby's first Spiderman came out. Some of that had to do with the fact that now we've had three modern Spiderman movies. Ten years ago the live action Spiderman blow me away. It was so great to see my favorite Marvel hero in action.

I was impressed with the star power they had with Uncle Ben and Aunt May. I hadn't heard who they cast. I thought I was going to dislike the lizard because he didn't have the crocodile face. He looked pretty good. His mouth opens very deeply giving him the reptile/lizard look that he seemed to be missing in the still shot I saw.

The story blends the old comics with the Ultimate Spiderman as well as brings in new elements. They did a nice job of retelling the origin but twisting it just enough I wasn't annoyed I was watching the same plot line.

Over all, it was very enjoyable and I liked it a lot. I'm looking forward to the 2nd in this series. I hoping for "The Astonishing Spiderman".

No comments:

Post a Comment