Thursday, October 18, 2012

Scientific Inquiry

I recently posted my "Thinking Like a Scientist" video which I made for my 6th grade Science class at work. Two kids in the class worked together to write a script for a second video. The used the text book and some ideas I gave them. They wanted to add a female character, so the Robot Chicken Mad Scientist introduces his friend at the beginning. When it was all done it needed a little tweaking. This section of the book just didn't work as well to have little entertaining cut-aways like the other video. I had them change one little part to work in a funny bit in the middle with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.


They worked really hard on the script and it came out pretty well. I had a hard time finding a good place at school for the girl to record her lines, so it has more white noise than the lines I recorded at home. The kids had fun and the two authors had the highest scores in the class on the section quiz... so I know they learned something.

No comments:

Post a Comment