Sunday, October 21, 2012

23" Voltron! - Club Lion Force

Here he is... the new 23" tall Voltron released by Matty Collector via their Club Lion Force subscription service. He is huge and very cool. He blows the die-cast Voltron I had as a kid out of the water. He is so big I had trouble photographing him because my usual backdrop isn't really tall enough or wide enough. I'm still not a huge fan of the spring-loaded features, especially since the one leg on my Black Lion doesn't work correctly. I did get the emailed shipping label, so I will be mailing him back for a replacement one.


I love the detailing on Voltron's face and chest crest. He just looks so great. 


Finally all the Pilots are together. 
I'm not opening my sub-exclusive Sven figure, so he's not pictured..

Voltron with Sword and Shield
(He's  kind of  top heavy with is weapons)

Close-up on the end of his sword
 Another shot of the Pilots with Voltron

 Form Blazing Sword!



 To help everyone get an idea of scale, this is Voltron with the mailer box to 
the Star Wars Big Millennium Falcon


 Here is Voltron with the vintage Castle Grayskull and He-Man 


One last picture, here is Voltron on the deck of the GI Joe USS Flagg Aircraft Carrier. The Flagg isn't quite assembled correctly. The last deck section is laying underneath. The tower is also just sitting on top the deck not attached to the side. This actually makes the tower one floor taller than it should be. My dresser is not long enough or wide enough to assemble it completely. If the tower would be properly attached Volton would be a lot taller than the tower.



3 comments:

  1. I don't know what to compliment first lol!Love the Voltron but Castle Grayskull and the FLAGG stole the spotlight IMO ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get Mattel to create Galactus! LoL

    ReplyDelete