Sunday, May 11, 2014

Flea Market Finds #24



It rained like crazy here over night, but it was drying out and warming up this morning so I headed out to two flea markets with my buddies.

We bought some tools, but you are here to hear about the toys I bought.

I'm pretty happy with what I found today. Nothing earth shattering, but a nice haul for $6.


I picked up the 2000's update to April O'Neil from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. She's so hip in her low rise pants and belly shirt.  I also picked up Shung, leader of the Sleestacks from the 90's version of Land of the Lost. I bought a bunch of boxed and carded LotL toys at Retro Con last year.



I picked up a batch of vintage Star Wars figures. Here Lando is referring an intergalactic wrestling match between Max Rebo and Boba Fett. I just picked up a Max Rebo last weekend, I think he might be my favorite Star Wars figure. The Boba Fett was really dirty, but I got him cleaned up fairly well. I've been thinking about making a custom figure of Boba Fett in the white prototype armor or Jango Fett out of a vintage figure.


I also picked up this cool 200x Masters of the Universe puzzle. I lucked out and it was complete when I got it home. I like the fact that the art work is made using the actual toys from the line. It's been heavily Photoshopped. The puzzle shows off He-Man, Man-at-Arms, Ram Man, Mechaneck, and Stratos defending Castle Grayskull from Beastman, Skeletor, and Merman.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet finds Kevin! Congrats on all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been getting lucky with the SW's finds Kevin.Poor Boba looks so overmatched lol!

    ReplyDelete