Thursday, May 15, 2014

Godzilla Flick (stop motion video)

I have a little tradition of posting a stop motion video on my birthday. The past two years they have been videos created by other people, but since Godzilla is coming out tomorrow I decided to re-post a video project by best friend Derek and I made 12+ years ago. It was a very ambitious project at the time. A shorter 10 minute version won 1st place in an international Godzilla Fan Film Festival.


 
 
The video shows off a huge collection of kaiju monsters. About 15 of them are mine, and the rest belong to the writer/director Derek. The 80's video clip is really from my 7th birthday when  Derek gave me my first Godzilla & King Kong toys. I did all those drawings at the beginning as well over the years until the very last one which was done by a professional artist.

1 comment:

  1. That was a great film Kev!Nice dance moves at the end there ;) I wish my figs would have been there for me a couple years back at the home I was renting LOL!

    ReplyDelete