Monday, February 8, 2016

GIJoe Lunch Box - 1992

At a recent toy show I picked up this fabric GIJoe Lunch Box dated 1992. It features characters from a couple different years. Sonic Fighter Law, General Hawk. Snake Eyes v4 . and Eco-Warrior Flint. The art style is a little odd, almost making it look like a knock-off.


This lunch box was produced by Lunch Bunch. I have several metal and plastic lunch boxes in my collection from the 70's and 80's, This is the first soft lunch box I've ever purchased.


Here is a closer shot of the art work. Law wearing is Military Police helmet, armed with a knife seems to be the most out of place. His style just doesn't seem the same as the rest.


Inside the lunch box you can see there is a thermos which features no GIJoe branding as well as a plastic divider.


4 comments:

  1. I remember when these softer lunchboxes really started getting popular. Definitely an early 90s thing. Law is definitely a little place there since he was an 86-87 character while the rest are from around 92. Well, he did get released as a repaint in the sonic fighters line, so maybe that's where he comes from.

    I'm trying to figure out who is on the right. It kind of looks like Tripwire, but it could also be one of the Eco Fighters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it's Sonic Fighter Law based on the colors, but it's weird because he came out in 1990 and Hawk and Snake-Eyes are from 91.

      Delete
  2. The Gi Joes I grew up with are so different.

    ReplyDelete