Saturday, April 16, 2016

Sy Snootles and the Rebo Band - Vintage Star Wars

I've got weird taste in Star Wars toys. My favorite figures are Max Rebo and Snaggletooth. I've got one Blue Snaggletooth and close to a dozen Red Sanggletooth figures. If I had to just collect one character it would be my boy Max. The blue elephant alien known the galaxy over for playing the organ is Max Rebo. He's from Return of the Jedi and came with his band mates Sy Snootles and Droopy McCool.  I had these guys loose with no accessories as a kid and loved them. Later I picked up a couple other sets in various levels of completeness.  Today I want to show off my boxed set.


I bought these guys at a toy show a while back and paid a pretty penny for them. I'm not a die-hard carded figure collector, but since I love this set so much and they come in interesting package I had to snatch them up.

The box isn't perfect, but it is over thirty years old. I just love that yellow display on the back of the package. I used to stare at the various card back images as a kid and wish I had them all. Some figures, especially the Power of the Force ones I had never even seen in person.


3 comments:

  1. You know this about me. I was out of collecting SW when ole Jedi came out. Wow..a dozen Snaggletooths? Jeepers Creepers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red Snaggletooth was one of my favorites as a kid as well. I once had a Blue Snaggletooth, but traded him off to someone far more in love with him. I do have two Red Snaggys now though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember buying this back in the days when RETURN was long gone and STAR WARS wasnt cool anymore.

    ReplyDelete