Sunday, June 15, 2014

Flea Market Finds #28

Today we visited the Garden State to see what kind of treasures we could find at the flea market. On our way we saw a hitch (for towing a trailer) laying in the middle of the highway. My buddy Dave said "I'd give $30 for that at the flea market". So we got off at the next exit and got turned around. The particular exit we used wasn't real great for getting off and back on the same road. By the time we got on the road again going in the correct direction to drive past the hitch again someone had hit it and broke it. I can't image that didn't mess up their tire. Dave pulled over and threw it in the bed of the truck. Our fellow flea marketer Ray will have to weld it up for him. So the day started off with a free find.


I spend six dollars today and come home with a nice hall. I picked up a copy of the Empire Strikes Back story book. Wild Boar from GI Joe was grabbed because he is in great shape, and how can you pass up an army builder. His little Destro logo on his shoulder is perfect. Also from GI Joe I picked up another RAM motorcycle. I loved that thing as a kid and buy everyone I see. I got a Jokerz from Batman Beyond. Unfortunately his jacket tails are broken off. He still displays nicely on a shelf. I also picked up two small figures from Tyco's Dino-Riders. Aries is in the blue and Quark is decked out in camouflage.


4 comments: