Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Norman Osborne - ToyBiz

Norman Osborne with Talking Green Goblin Mask was released with the figures for the first Spider-man movie. He is an excellent likeness to actor Willem Dafoe. The figure came with a large wing chair and Green Goblin mask that can attach to the chair. He has decent articulation, but is slightly pre-posed. He can't  quite stand in a casual stance because his one arm always sticks out a little. He has swivel shoulders so his arms can't move closer or farther from his body.


 I actually bought this figure while my friends and I were working on our stop motion animated show Animation Creation. We were constantly in need of generic and normal looking people. This figure was used during the interview portion of the 10th episode.


4 comments:

  1. I would've thought Malkovich would have made a better Norman...He was in the running for awhile back then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malkovich is not as slender. he might have made the Goblin to bulky.

      Delete
  2. Dafoe made a excellent Goblin for the big screen! And this figure looks very much like him but what happen to his chair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's around somewhere. I have a box for "props" and so normal looking accessories like that end up stored together. I didn't hunt it down when I pulled him out of the Marvel bin.

      Delete