Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Godzilla Flick

I was sad to hear today that Stop Motion Effects Artist and Legend Ray Harryhausen has passed away at the age of 92. Not only does his legacy live on in his film work, it also lives on in all the film makes he has inspired over the years.

For my post today I'm showing off the biggest stop motion animated project my buddies and I worked on before Action Figure Adventures: the series. This was filmed during my Senior year in high school and my best friend Derek's Freshman year of college. The movie features drawings I did of Godzilla as a kid and Derek's enormous Godzilla action figure collection.


The original Clash of the Titans and Jason & the Argonauts blew me away as a kid. Ray Harryhausen is one of several animators who made me interested in the art form as a child.

1 comment:

  1. Harryhausen was a legend and will be missed. Loved all of his work and stop motion has become a lost art I feel with the major movie studios moving to CGI.

    ReplyDelete