Saturday, April 27, 2013

Flea Market Finds #12

Well today I hit up one of my all time favorite Flea Markets. They hold the event twice a year and I have been going since I was a kid. In fact it's the flea market I sold many of my own toys at when I slimmed down my collection in middle school. I happened to get such a great deal on this stuff today that I bought several figures I would have passed on otherwise.


First up are the Power Rangers. I picked up chromed Yellow and Blue Rangers, a smaller scale Black Ranger, and a fish monster who I think was the monster from the first episode of the 2nd season.



Modern Indiana Jones & Cairo Swordsman



 I picked up four Clone Wars era Star Wars figures. Unfortunately two of them are missing hands. I think this is going to be a common problem with these highly articulated figures for future collectors. It was hard enough trying to collect GI Joe and Star Wars figures when you had to hunt down little guns. Now that you have to hunt for hand... good luck to the kids today who grow up to collect toys.


Next I picked up six DC Comics characters all in the Bruce Timm animated style. Dr. Light (with some major paint wear on her boots), Green Lantern, Lex Luthor, Superman (with elbow and knee articulation), Cooperhead, and Wonder Woman.


Here is a rather odd mixture of figures. Teen Titian's Cyborg, a generic Police officer, a generic fisherman, Bart Simpson in Godzilla Suit, The Hulk, and a "new sculpt" Shipwreck from GI Joe.

I also bought a big bag of dice. I think I'm going to find an interesting jar to 
fill up with dice and put it on a shelf somewhere.

All this stuff... 22 figures and a bunch of dice for $4.50

10 comments:

  1. Awesome finds at a awesome price Kevin congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ironic thing about today was that this time a year ago was the first weekend I didn't have my license and needed a ride to the flea market. This year I have my license and when I stopped for gas after the flea market the fuel pump in my truck died and so I needed a ride home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing haul and all for under 5 bucks!Sorry about the car dying though.Did ya get the car back home okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had it towed to the shop. Still waiting to hear from them.

      Delete
    2. Ouch... the repairs are going to cost me over a grand. That takes a bite out of the budget. I'm gonna have to say away from TRU for a month.

      Delete
  4. $5 for all this! INSANE!!!!
    Love those DC figures and that fish monster!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was caught by your DC collection. At first I thought they were life-size figures by the way you took the picture. Anyways, great find for your collection at a low price.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anyone know where the generic policeman and fisherman are from
    Cant find anywhere.. I have a couple of them but from flea market but there are no stamps on the figure

    ReplyDelete