Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Masters of the Universe Golden Books

My first purchase at Retro Con was four MOTU Golden Books. As I mentioned in my Retro Con overview I was totally overwhelmed by everything early in the morning. There was so much stuff to look at, I wasn't sure what to buy. When I saw these He-Man books for a buck a piece and decided to grab them. I didn't even notice that one of them was a repeat. The books are The Rock Warriors, Caverns of Fear, and two copies of Time Trouble.


I did not have any of these books as a kid, but I have a VHS tape that featured limited animation videos of Caverns of Fear and Time Trouble that were created using the art from the books. I never liked the video as much as the Filmation Cartoon, but long after the cartoon was off the air, I could still watch that video. I have very vivid memories of the video because I watched it so often. The books do have pretty great art work and feature quite a few different characters from the Eternia.


If you want to see the limited animation version of Caverns of Fear check out the video below.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome deal! I need to start looking for these in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!I think I bought a couple of these off of those school scholastic book orders as a kid.I've been seeing these online a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete