Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pteranodon - Dino-Riders

The Pteranodon was the first and only bad guy Dino-Rider I owned as a kid. I had a few of the good guys, but I really thought the bad guys looked cool with their Dinosaurs wearing the brain boxes.


The Pteranodon has an articulated beak as wells as a wing flapping action which can be activated by pressing the button on its back.


The back of the package contained a little information card about the dinosaur. You can see that the prototype that was photographed for the packaging has a slightly different paint scheme. The prototype is also shown with a black flying stand while the actual toy came with a clear base.


 Along with the stand the Pteranodon came with a seat, two wing guns, the brain box and a Rider. All my MASK and Dino-Riders figures went missing when I moved. I'm not sure what happened to Rasp, but he was a green skinned snakeman with a black uniform with some purple details.


6 comments:

  1. Comparing this line to Kenner's Jurassic Park and Kenner wins every time. I think the Dinoriders concept is a good one however but the toys were not as realistic as ole Kenner. They should marry the concepts today. THAT I would buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really had a lot of Jurassic Park dinos

      Delete
  2. Never run across anything Dino-Riders outside of a figure or two every once in a great while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they are hard to find. I've had this one since I was a kid.

      Delete
  3. Its so hard to come across these things complete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had so many parts. I actually almost bought some parts of the T-Rex armor at a Flea Market incase I ever found the Dino

      Delete