Thursday, July 24, 2014

Nightwing - Justice Leauge Unlimited

Dick Grayson grew up paroling the night as Robin, but he grew up to be Nightwing. This Justice League Unlimited figure shows off his black uniform with bright blue bird logo. He was released in a three pack with the Penguin and Batgirl. Nightwing has a more unusual stance than most of the JLU figures who are all standing at attention. Unfortunately with his really thing legs and action stance, Nightwing falls over easily.


I actually traded a Real Ghostbusters toy to one of my blog readers a few years ago for this figure. I didn't really watch JLU, but I did enjoy Nightwing in the last seasons of Batman the Animated Series.

7 comments:

  1. I like this version of nightwing better than the straight legged ones they released. This one is on my list of the Nightwings I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's good, just wish he stood a little easier.

      Delete
  2. I like this look, although I'm not too schooled on the character. Is this what he still looks like in today in the comics?I thought Jason Todd was the new Robin? I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He looks similar. His new look has a little shorter hair and a red bird logo. His suit looks a little more armored. Jason Todd became Robin after Dick became Nightwing. Jason was killed by the Joker and was replaced by Tim Drake. Drake when on to be called Red Robin and hangs out with the Teen Titians. The newest Robin Damian Wayne (Bruce's son) was killed about a year ago. So there is no current Robin. Just to add to that, Jason Todd has come back to life and is called Red Hood.

      Delete
    2. I've always liked the Red Hood character.In the limited reading I've done on him.

      Delete
  3. Nightwing was always cool and have they done a figure of Dick as Batman with Daiman as Robin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so. There is a Daiman figure coming out soon.

      Delete