Saturday, December 21, 2013

Airborne v1 - GI Joe '83

Airborne was the GI Joe Helicopter Assault Trooper, which never made a lot of sense to me. What is a Helicopter Assault Trooper? His name is Airborne, which implies he is a paratrooper. His card art shows him hanging from a rope. One could assume this is the winch on the Dragonfly Helicopter. Airborne was the first Native American member of the GI Joe team, even though he's not the most remembered.


Airborne is armed with a green helmet with goggles sculpted on, a gun with a bayonet, and tan backpack with a shovel and bedroll sculpted. These pictures show his wearing Ripcord's green parachute and black gas mask. I had several extra parachutes, and since I think of him as paratrooper I equip him differently. I'm not sure why I didn't snap a picture of him without it on.
 

5 comments:

  1. I remember him swell. He always rode in the back of my Dragonfly. Wasn't he an Indian?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One am still needing to add to my collection mix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome figure!William Talltree correct?

    ReplyDelete