Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Super Powers Superman

I know I've posted about this figure before, but he didn't really get his own true post. So I decided to show him a little more love. Superman was the first figure I got from the Super Powers toy lines. He was one of the few DC Heroes I had in figure form until the Tim Burton Batman was released. I played hard with this guy, He went all over the place with me. He's loaned his cape to dozens of other action figures in my collection over the years. You can see he's got a lot of paint wear on his chest and waist. I touched up his hair with a sharpie marker one time as a kid. The "S" on his cape has been missing so long I almost forgot it was ever there. He's even got a little blue Play-Doh residue in some of his sculpted details. This is a well loved toy.


9 comments:

  1. Well congrads! I don't collect 6 inch anymore myself so I didn't enter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong getting a figure like this because it shows it was loved and played with and now it can have a nice rest with you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved those Kenner clip-on capes, but it sure was easy to lose them. Can't believe you still have yours! I lost my Batman capes long ago. It's also cool that i wasn't the only one whose toys often had Play-Doh caked in them.

    owlandtreeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this the Superman figure that came with the kryptonite ring? When you placed the ring near his chest he'd fall over. I assume both the ring and superman had polar opposite magnets on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the 1989 Toy Biz DC Superheroes version. Similar sculpt. The version above moved it's arms when the legs were squeezed.

      Delete
  5. Out of all the toys I've owned over the years, this is still one of my favorites. This really was one of the best super hero lines ever made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That toy defines my childhood.

    I have one MOC with the full package and another MOC smaller package and they are my prized possessions

    ReplyDelete
  7. A+,A+,A+,A+,A+!These figures scream 80's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the best action figures collection ever!

    ReplyDelete