Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Star Wars Neck Ties

I'm going to work hard to get a few more substantial posts up in the near future, but today was another crazy busy day. So you're going to have to deal with a quick post.

Today's post is a photo of my Star Wars Tie collection. My Sister actually gave me a majority of these ties. Most of which are Episode 1 ties. The first two years of my teaching career I celebrated Star Wars Tie Friday every week.. Our current Superintendent allows for Dress Down Days twice a month on Friday, so the practice has sort of died. On Dress Down Days we get to pay $5 to wear jeans and a school shirt. The money goes to a different charity or scholarship fund each time.

So the ties...

Top Row: 3 different space battle ties (E1), Yoda tie (Ep 5) Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Dark Side - Sith, Pod Racers, and Jar Jar.

Bottom Row:2 different Battle Droids tie, Ep 1 movie poster tie, R2-D2 and C-3PO (Ep4) cartoon Qui-Gon Jinn, cartoon Obi-Wan Kenobi, cartoon Darth Maul, cartoon Anakin Skywalker, and finally cartoon Jar Jar.


My co-workers think the cartoon Anakin tie is a little creepy. My students like all of them including the Jar Jar ties because they grew up with the prequels. I have a 19th Star Wars Tie, but I didn't have it at the time this photo was taken. Maybe down the road it will get it's own update.

No comments:

Post a Comment