Saturday, February 22, 2014

Bloth - Pirates of Dark Water

As a kid I bought Bloth and Nibbler from the Pirates of Dark Water toy line made by Hasbro at a flea market.  Bloth is the evil captain of the ship known as Maelstorm. I don't know a whole lot about the line or the corresponding cartoon show. I remember seeing the toys in the stores, but never picked any of them up until I had the chance to get them cheap at a yard sale. Bloth is a large green skinned behemoth dressed in a pink outfit with a black and green cape. The cape is a flexible vinyl type of material. He originally came with a gold sword, but I don't have that. He features five points of articulation, and is a rather hefty figure. His large stature and huge smile outlined by a black beard always reminded me of Stromboli from Disney's Pinocchio.


3 comments: