Friday, January 24, 2014

Tauntauns of Hoth - Vintage & PotF2 Star Wars

Here is another set-up I photographed on my recent snow day. This set of photos include the 90's Luke Skywalker on Tauntaun and Vintage Han Solo and Rebel Commander on Tauntauns. I've had the Tauntaun in the background without a saddle for years. My Sister bought it for me at a flea market and gave it to me for Christmas when we were kids. I recently bought the other vintage Tauntaun with saddle and reigns at a yard sale.


I really love the sculpting on Power of the Force (2) Tauntaun  It has incredible details and a nice stance.I had a ton of fun with the vintage toy as a kid, but the PotF2 beast looks like it is jumping right out of the movie.


My original Vintage Tauntaun had the hard belly, so it is technically Luke's Tauntaun. The newer one that I picked up complete with saddle is the soft belly toy that you can shove a figure inside. Therefore it is Han's ride. "...and I thought they smelled bad on the outside."


1 comment: